Thursday, February 21, 2008

On Thursday at EclipseCon...

Wow, it's hard to believe it's taken me almost a month to select which talks I'll attend at EclipseCon this year. Since I started, even more interesting events have been added to the agenda, like the Mega Modeling Mania on Tuesday, the BlackBerry Developer Day on Wednesday, and of course the Hackathon. If you're attending EclipseCon, I hope you weren't planning on getting any sleep!

For what it's worth, here are the talks I've selected for Thursday. As it turns out, my selections for this day were easy.

Keynote - Cory Doctorow

This guy is a science fiction writer (and a blogger!). Cool. I wish I could make a living writing books...

Eclipse/OMG Symposium

This is the first of two symposia on open source and open standards (the other is being held at the OMG technical meeting in June). Seeing as I was one of the co-chairs for the program committee, I can't miss this one... nor would I want to. This a rare opportunity to focus on the synergies between open source and open specifications and to discuss how the joint future of Eclipse and the OMG can be shaped. Attendance to the symposium presentations is open to all registered EclipseCon attendees, so come join in the discussion!

Eclipse Community Project Spot Light

Ah, the always interesting conference wrap-up panel. This is also a session you don't want to miss. Of course, we'll all be anxious to see that slide with the conference statistics on it. I wonder how big a bar tab we'll be able to rack up this year...

1 comment:

Jason said...

Cory Doctorow, hmmm sounds like an interesting guy. Name rings a bell... I know Boingboing is certainly big.