Tuesday, February 5, 2008

On Wednesday at EclipseCon...

Clearly I'd better wrap up my selections before the schedule changes on me!

Keynote - Sam Ramji


"Microsoft" and "Open Source" in the same sentence (not to mention an entire keynote)? This I gotta hear...

Pimp My Editor

What's in a name? A lot. This one has to rank up there among the best title talks this year. I had a hard time choosing between this and Migrating your Graphical Editor to the Eclipse Graphical Modeling Framework, but opted for the former since I should know how to develop a GMF-based editor by now... :)

What's New in MDT?
Building an Application with EMF Models
Intentional UI Modeling
Model Transformation goes declarative - QVT Relations in practice
Ecore Tools : Create a complete modeling environment for Ecore

The short talk format has to be my favorite. Here is another case where I should probably show up seeing as I'm presenting. The other talks in the slot sound really interesting, though, so I'd highly recommend attending them too!

Introduction to the Eclipse Babel Project
Why Eclipse Spaces Will Make Everyone Happy
The Eclipse Babel Project Translation Server
XAML in Java
Top 10 Deployment Secrets They Don't Want You To Know

Another great bunch of short talks. I hadn't realized that the translation project had actually got off the ground... and I guess I'm also gonna get myself some happy.

The Future of SWT

This is a critical issue IMHO. How does SWT stack up in the face of Vista and Web 2.0 and where is it going? Here's hoping Silenio and Steve can provide some insight on this.

Eclipse, Open Source, Wall Street and Competition: Big Drama, Big Money

Drama and money do go hand in hand, don't they? It seems the commercial arena around Eclipse is heating up. It's all about standardization, distribution, and commoditization...

The Next Wave of IDE Innovation: Eclipse and Visual Studio in 2010

Not only is he back, but he's saying a lot. I'm curious to hear Tim's take on the future of innovation as it applies to IDEs.

Poster Reception

Pass the beer nuts, baby!

No comments: