Friday, August 1, 2008

On Blaugust...

Not unlike John, it seems as though I dropped off the face of the planet(s) nearly three months ago. James has a great expression for this kind of phenomenon - "going dark". Well, I can assure you that while I have been dark in the blogosphere of late, I've been bright in other spheres.

So where have I been? So much has happened since my last entry, it's hard to remember it all...
  • I participated in the e4 Summit in Ottawa. I know, old news, but now there's an actual proposal for the e4 project. What area will you be contributing to?
  • I had a chance to meet with my CodeGear brethren in Scotts Valley for the first time, and I'm very excited about what we'll be able to accomplish now as a combined company. Stay tuned!
  • I co-hosted the second of two Eclipse/OMG Symposia in Ottawa, and I'd venture to say that it was even more fruitful than the first!
  • I played a part (as lead of the MDT project) in ensuring that Ganymede, in all its glory, was successfully released. w00t!
  • I took a much needed vacation (they're never long enough!) - one week camping in New Brunswick and a second week at a chalet in Charlevoix. Oh, the stories...
  • I helped orchestrate a summit for Embarcadero's Software Consultants in Toronto. What a great team!
  • I did a deep-dive on one of my products that is about to release in the coming weeks.
I'll be taking time to blog about each of these activities (and others) in more detail over the next month because, as of today, it is Blaugust after all!

No comments: